Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stayin Up Late...11pm?

Seriously? I'm only 25 folks. I'm still a spring chicken, right? Could someone please inform my internal clock of this before it's too late and I have no social life? It's 11:15pm on a SATURDAY night and this gal is ready for bed! And actually very glad not to be at a college football game in the cold. (I mean, I lived for that stuff EVERY Saturday in college!)
To my defense, I did get up at 5:30 for our yard sale this morning, but now my lil man and I are cuddled up, ready to sleep. And my brain just knows when it's 10pm, it's bedtime!
I've never been a morning person. Maybe you don't understand the extent of this statement. I repeat: I'VE NEVER BEEN A MORNING PERSON. Ask any of my dear friends, who amazingly still love me after they've been squeaked at, ignored, or even shot laser-death looks when they've tried to talk to me before 8am. Something in my brain just doesn't crawl out of bed until about an hour after my body has gotten the memo.
Sooo, I've always assumed I'm a night person. Right? You go to bed late, sleep late. Wrong.
It all started when I was offered the job of hosting the radio show...from SIX AM TO 9AM EVERY MORNING. My parents, friends, everyone asked the same questions: 'ummm...do you have to actually talk on this show?' or 'did you tell em about your squeaky morning noises?' and even, 'ooh, we're going to call in and get you all riled up so we can hear the non-morning person wrath!'
I did it though. I managed to sound cheery (okay, coherent) every morning on-air (though some unfortunate passers by of the station window still may have gotten the laser-death stares). But, that meant my bed-time was 8:30!!! 8:30pm!
And now that I'm not getting up at 6am, my body still wants to be in bed by 9pm. Thus the transformation from night owl to...well...
Apparently, I'm neither and just like my sleep. :) It's 11:30pm now, and I think we've established that that is officially 'late.' Night night.

1 comment:

  1. Question for you: Why didn't you like to sleep when you were little? Hm? Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete