Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Over Tomato Pie...

Been awhile since I've blogged. I love to write, just not usually about myself. I love to read mothers' blogs...ha, what an unfair advantage they have in blogging about cute kids! Ya'll just wait, my Mom says one day I'll have a 'payback-kid' who will embarass me in public and say anything she thinks to whoever is listening, just like I did to her. Frequently. (Just ask my friends. They just looove to mortify me in front of new people by telling stories of when I was little.) But, until I have kids to write about, thanks for reading about plain ole me. :)

I haven't been blogging as much because I've been waiting on something exciting or big to tell ya'll about. But, the 'little things' in life are far more frequent and can make the best memories anyways. Kinda like last night.

I'm staying in Columbia at my friend Mallori's house for a few days, as I'm in town to do some FCA work and go to Bible study Tuesday night. So yesterday, after finishing my work, I made a tomato pie for us for supper.

Though I could probably eat an entire pie by myself (sadly, this is not an attempt at being funny), we decided we had enough food to invite Stacey over to join us (home girl can throw back some grub, as well).

So Stacey and baby Ella Kate came...and her poor husband, Josh. (Who ate cheerios and listened to us talk about boobs and boys. We cured him of girl-time.)

It was just a regular, hum-drum night - except it wasn't. I 'made' them watch THREE HOURS of the bachelor with me (they gagged and made snarky comments at all the right places, of course, and Josh kept saying it was the worst night of his life), and they had to sneak and eat M&M's so I wouldn't tackle them for a bite of chocolate (which I quit, thank you very much). Baby Ella (who normally loves fun time with her 'aunts' Lindsay and MalMal) wasn't happy with anyone but her Momma and kept spewing out the food she needed to eat. Just a boring night in - except it wasn't.

It was a 'little' night. But, to me, it was much more fun that a 'big' night out somewhere. Because we laughed the whole time, made fun of each other, and had some good 'girl-talk.' (Again, poor Josh.) And it helps, of course, that it was all over a plate of tomato pie. Try some...no way you'll dislike it! It's easy to make and maybe you can invite some friends over and make it a 'tomato pie' night like we did!

TOMATO PIE RECIPE:

Ingredients:
-4 BIG tomatoes
-1 frozen pie crust
-1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
-1 cup sharp mozzarella cheese
-1 cup mayo (yes, I know, but even if you don't like it, it's good in this!)

Preparations:
Peel all the tomatoes, cut into big chunks and drain. Then mix the cheeses and the mayo together in a bowl. (I usually add herbs and spices...basil, oregano, garlic, onion salt, chives, salt and pepper, etc.) Use a fork to poke holes in the pie crust. Put the tomatoes in the pie crust. Lather the cheese mix on top, covering all signs of tomatoes. Bake at 350 for 30 mins or until cheese is brownish on edges. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment