Monday, January 4, 2010

Seriously, fellas, pay attention...

Okay so I just witnessed a man making a carnal mistake. I'm no sage, but every man needs this wise advice. And don't men just love taking advice from women? I thought so. :)

So the scene was as follows...
Woman was rantin and ravin (you know, talking with the hands, eyes narrowed, voice a little higher pitched than normal) and very upset about something. Not sure if it was something Mr. Man did, or just something she was upset about. And poor ole Mr. Man says, 'Honey, just RELAX.' Ohhhh boy.
W: 'RELAX?! You want me to RELAX?! I'll show you RELAXED!' Etc, etc.

When our blood pressure is boiling, we're not going to cool down because you wisely told us to 'relax.' More than likely, our tantrum will just rear its ugly head in your direction. When women rant it's because they want to be heard and understood. My advice to you is to listen (or at least nod and 'uh huh' every few seconds while you're computing your fantasy baseball stats) and then say, 'I want to help you make this better.' I guarantee you you will then be told how you can help. And she will be bragging to her friends the next day what a great problem-solver you are!

So, guys, when a woman around you (and I don't care how old or young she is) is going crazy about something, please, for your own sakes, do NOT tell her to relax. Don't even say it sweetly. Just avoid that word unless it's accompanied by a gift card for a day at the spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment