Wednesday, December 2, 2009

This one is for you, Anna Leigh!

So there's something I did this summer that I doubt I'll ever be able to forget...especially as I'm reminded of it constantly.

It all came flooding back when I came home from China, and was working at the high school. The principal kept introducing me as 'the girl who made Jennifer Anniston cry.' Every time he said it, I thought to myself, 'this man is losing his marbles! What on earth is he talking about?' And I wracked my brain to see if I'd somehow forgotten meeting one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

Then it clicked. He meant Jennifer Lopez.

And then it clicked again. A certain someone will pay for this! :) She had come home from China and told everybody about the joke I was FORCED to tell...on the microphone, at the very front of a packed tour bus, full of people chanting my name to tell this dern joke.

"So Brad Pitt, the Rock, and Jennifer Lopez were chatting at a table one day. Brad Pitt says, 'I'm definitely the best-looking man on the planet. No one can deny that!' Then the Rock says, 'Well, no one can contest that I'm the strongest, most muscular person on earth.' And Jennifer Lopez chimes in, 'Everyone knows I'm the most gorgeous woman alive!' So, to prove their points, they all go out into the world to make sure they're each the best. Brad Pitt comes back into the room smiling, waving, 'it's certain! I'M the best looking man on the planet!' Then the Rock comes in flexing his muscles and a big grin, 'No one is stronger than me! That's right, folks, I'm the strongest person on earth!' Then, Jennifer Lopez comes in. Tears streaming down her face, she bitterly shouts, 'WHO THE HECK IS LINDSAY TYNER?!'

So, yes, THIS is the joke I was forced to tell to a big group of people who now probably think I'm crazy. And now, everywhere I go, people are coming up to me and repeating it. Some don't even get it. (If you're one of those...shhh, no one has to know.) And a certain someone should be sleeping with one mascara'd eye open because she is still going to pay for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment